Friday 19 April 2013

Moringa seeds sprou ting

or as I like to say 2 of my babies have hatched and a couple more seems to almost peak out the ground.
I'm growing them indoors in sort of self-watering contraptions made out of coke bottles, but I'll leave my master construction technic for another day.

Rewinding just for a bit, by first go at germinating didn't go that well. I got mould on some of my seeds and in the end only 2/6 hatched.

I sprinkled some cinnamon on the moulded seeds, but that didn't really help much.. 

I think they were not in the ideal worm area of our house either.
Then I did a much smaller container which I sterilized with boiling water, insulated with foil and kept it in a tin on top of my laptop power supply which kept it nice an snug. 4/4 white roots sprang forth this time \o/.


Carefully planting them in a mix of potting soil and river sand.

Behold one of the older boys first days, you can make out little green fingers already.



The twins are doing quite nicely so far and the quadruplets are just starting to peak out. 


I just hope they survive this weekend as we are going away for a couple of night. Mmm I should have left keys with somebody to come fill their bottles while I'm gone. Gonna miss them.




No comments:

Post a Comment