Wednesday 3 April 2013

Got my Moringa seeds today!

I finally got my Moringa seeds that I ordered from here.


I first heard of it on Lets Talk Possibility.
You may ask what is this good for, in short from the site where I bought my seeds from: It is
  • One of the few plants on earth whose leaves contain all the Essential Amino Acids required for Human Protein Synthesis. Essential for Vegans and Vegetarians


  • One of Nature's Richest sources of Vitamins, Minerals and anti-oxidants


  • A Rich source of bio chelated Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C and E


  • A Rich source of bio chelated Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sulphur, Copper and Iron
etc. etc.




The minimum amount of seeds you can order from there is 120, so if you live close to me I'll be happy to sell smaller quantities of my stock, say R10 for 6.


I started soaking 6 in water immediately, so I can get some leaf ASAP :).


Then I'll stick them in a plastic container to germinate and then plant them in self watering 2 litre coke bottles indoors (because we are a bit too close to winter). When they are a bit bigger I'll plant them out outside or into bigger containers. I'll sell some plants in coke bottles too if you prefer that, say about R10 each.

Apparently the leaves are a bit bitter, so in the end I might end up mostly making powder and tea, but I'll try it fresh and in stir fry and even boil some green leafy branches like spinage etc. I have no idea how it tastes - that is why I ordered the seeds to be able to try it out - will let you know as soon as I do and I'll give some samples as soon as I have some.




No comments:

Post a Comment